We are excited to introduce you to RJ Communities TV! By clicking on the image below, you will be directed to a PDF with embedded links to each event as given to us by the communities. Some will be Zoom/ Facebook links and some are the shul’s website with information about the links and passwords.
Please note the changes to our Ma’ariv and Shacharit services:
This schedule presents only a selection of weekly events run by the communities. Ad hoc events are listed below.
We would love to both hear your feedback and information on regular events you would like to be included – email CommunityPartnership@rjuk.org
RJ:TV Services and Programmes:
- Shacharit- Fridays, 8:30am
Mon-Thu, 8:30am with LBC (excluding October 26th – 30th) (please email CommunityPartnership@rjuk.org for a link and a password)
Fridays 8am with RJ:TV
- Maariv – Mondays, 7pm with FRS; Tuesday 7pm with RJ:TV; Wednesday 8pm with Alyth.
- Talking About Living– Mondays 2 – 3PM
We began ‘Talking about Dying’ at the height of the pandemic – everyone knew someone who had been impacted. In reality, we talk about LIVING and how changing and uncertain times affect our life choices and priorities. Our friendly group meets every Monday.
- Jewish Mindfulness Meditation
Jewish Mindfulness Meditation helps us to open our hearts and find peace through our spiritual heritage, especially in these challenging times. Join for contemplation, breathing, movement and meditation. Suitable for all.
Fridays 5.15-6.15pm: 23/10, 6/11, 20/11, 4/12, 18/12
Click Here to join Fridays sessions; Meeting ID: 977 611 369, Password: 035091
Saturdays 9.15-10.15am: 31/10, 14/11, 28/11, 12/12, 26/12
Click Here to join Saturdays sessions; Meeting ID: 844 520 435, Password: 753749
Beth Shalom, Cambridge
Services by Zoom, led by a weekly-changing team of our members – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for links.
- Every Shabbat morning at 10.30 a.m
- Weekly Saturday night Havdalah at around 8pm but getting earlier!
- Kabbalat Shabbat at 6.30pm on the third Friday of the month
Edgware and Hendon Reform Synagogue
http://www.ehrs.uk/ (under community channel)
- Awesome Autumn Scheme 2020 (Monday 26 – Wednesday 28 October, 9:15-4:00)
Join us for our first ever Autumn scheme of awesome activities for 5-11 year olds, we are looking forward to socially distanced fun, games and getting creative. Please book at www.ehrs.uk/event/autumn or for more information please email email@example.com
- Young Adults Cook-A-Long (Wednesday 28 October, 8pm)
‘It’s just the Vegan-ing’. Join us this month for a delicious insight into Vegan desserts to sweeten our tables! Treats will include chocolate mousse and truffles. To register and receive the Zoom link & ingredients list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jews in the Media (Thursday 29 October, 7:30pm)
Please join us for an informative and enlightening discussion on ‘Jews in the Media’. We have a most distinguished group of panellists with an extraordinary amount of Jewish media experience between them including Matthew Kalman (former editor of New Moon magazine and foreign correspondent, based in Jerusalem), Brigit Grant (Jewish News) Russ Kane (Flying Eye and BBC Radio London) and our very own Phil Dave (Shalom Radio and Jewish News Podcast). Chatting to them and asking the difficult questions will be Laurence Stein (former Advertisement Manager of New Moon and Jewish News). Please contact email@example.com for Zoom details.
- Kuddle Up Shabbat, Fridays, 4.15pm
Join Rabbi Miriam and Tevye the Torahsaurus to bring in Shabbat every Friday
- Tot Time – songs for pre-schoolers. (Tuesdays, 10.15am)
- Kol Chai Book Group (Thursday 29 October , 8pm)
Open to all – even if you haven’t read the book come and join us for a chat.
Click Here to join on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 823 1257 4985 (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for password)
Menorah Synagogue – Cheshire Reform Congregation
- Opera @ Menorah (at selected Wednesdays 2pm)
4 November: Mozart: Don Giovanni
2 December: Donizetti: Maria Stuarda
Click Here for further details and to book
Mosaic Reform Synagogue
- Quiz Time (Sunday 25th October 4pm)
John Ashmele will present another on-line interactive tea-time quiz in the comfort of your own homes. The quiz should last no longer than one hour; you mark your own papers and there are sadly no prizes (boo!).
- Meet the Author – Daniel Lee (Tuesday 27th October, 2.30 pm)
Daniel is a historian of the Second World War and a specialist in the history of Jews in France and North Africa during the Holocaust. He is a lecturer in modern history at Queen Mary, University London, and the author of Pétain’s Jewish Children (2014). As a BBC Radio 3 New Generation Thinker, Lee is a regular broadcaster on radio.
- Meet the Glass Artist – Eva Edery (Sunday 1st November 4 pm)
Eva creates stunning, custom, hand-made sculptural glass wall art. Her collections ‘The Journey’, ‘The Tree of Life’ and ‘Finding the Balance’ all draw inspiration from and reflect Eva’s insights from battling and surviving cancer. Eva’s Mediterranean heritage, as well as other cultural experiences from living in several countries, is key and influences the vibrancy of colours, hues and shapes found in her designs and she takes her inspiration from Mondrian, Miro, Picasso and Pollock as well as the Impressionists, whose use of light and reflection informs and guides her work. Eva also creates Art with the chuppah glass shards from the Jewish wedding ceremony.
- Clergy Kavvanah Connect – (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Join a member of Radlett clergy at 11am on the synagogue website/Facebook
- Pet Blessing Seudah Sh’lishit (Saturday 24 October, 4pm).
Join Rabbi Celia with your pet, on zoom, for a special blessing this Shabbat Noach.
- Stray Jews and Songs of Bluebirds – Jews and the Victory in Europe (Monday 2 November 7:30pm)
Talk by Radlett Reform member, Staff Sergeant Dan Fox.
Dan joined the Army Reserve (then called the Territorial Army) in September 2006 and was mobilised into the Regular Army for a year in July 2009, including a six month operational tour of Afghanistan. He remains a reservist, serving at least 30 days a year in uniform, alongside his day job as a civil servant. Dan is the current Deputy National Chairman of AJEX-JMA, the Jewish Military Association UK, and regularly gives talks to Jewish community organisations on the history of Jews in the British Armed Forces; and the experiences of current, serving Jewish servicemen and women. He is a life-long member of Radlett Reform.
Click Here for further details
- Start Your Week on a Positive Note (Mondays 12.45pm)
Join Therapist Ruth Dines and Rabbi Shulamit Ambalu for a short interactive mental health well-being session.
- Key Questions and Covid: Responses from Jewish Texts with Rabbi Shulamit Ambalu (Mondays 8pm)
Explore key ideas in Jewish texts for addressing the challenges we face today.
- Teatime Quiz (Wednesdays, 2.30pm)
A Time and A Place Music Series with Rabbi James Baaden (Thursdays 3.00 pm)
- Erev Mishpacha (Fridays, 4pm)
Join Rabbi Shulamit Ambalu for a heart-warming start to Shabbat, with candles, blessings, songs and a short activity together. Suitable for under 7’s.
Sinai Synagogue, Leeds
Join our streamed services directly through the website:
- Kabbalat Shabbat, Fridays 6:30pm;
- Shabbat Morning, Saturday 10.30am
- Sinai Book Club, (2nd Tuesday of the month @ 7pm)
November 10 -All the Rivers/ Dorit Rabinyan
December 8 – House of Gold/ Natasha Solomons
For zoom details please contact email@example.com
- Visit the website for Zoom details of weekly Kaddish and Kiddush and for more information about what’s happening at Sinai.