Maternity Cover – twelve months
To commence 18 March 2019
Description of Role: The administrator will work to support the Director and, as and when requested to do so, other senior Shofar teachers. The role is shared with the current Administrator who works at Shofar from Tuesday to Thursday. Certain tasks will involve liaison with the professional staff of our partner organisations such as Reform Judaism, Finchley Reform Synagogue (FRS) and Alyth Synagogue including the Clergy team, the site management and security guards and peripatetic Hebrew, music and fitness teachers. Our vision to work in partnership with the parents and carers and to provide outstanding education for the children in our care while promoting a sense of community and a love of Reform Judaism must be reflected in the role of the Administrator along with all members of Shofar staff. The role requires an ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to interruptions calmly.
Apply to: Daniella Jackson email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 8 February
Hours: The post is for 12 hours per week; 08:00 – 14:30 Monday and Friday. (30 minutes lunch) Occasional overtime when mutually agreed.
Salary: £12 per hour
Holidays: 4 working weeks plus bank holidays, less 3 days closure between the bank holiday days between 25th Dec and 1st January. In addition Jewish holidays as celebrated by the Movement of Reform Judaism will be paid if they fall on a Monday or Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide administrative/secretarial support to the Headteacher which will include:
- To answer and deal with telephone calls and pass on messages to the Headteacher as necessary.
- Maintain the Headteacher’s diary, booking appointments where necessary.
- Write confirmations to parents.
- Receive and record payments and pass to book keeper.
- Photo-copying and laminating as required.
- Helping to book outings and visits and completing all administration work associated with such activities.
- Check that Shofar has adequate provisions including; stationery, groceries and nursery resources and place orders as appropriate.
- Liaise with Manor House Trust (MHT) and site security when required.
- Log complaints and inform Headteacher
- To be familiar with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety at Work Act and Shofar Health & Safety Policy.
- Complete update of Policies and Procedures with Headteacher.
- Update and manage Shofar notice boards.
- Maintenance of the building including: monthly lights check and shower water checks.
- Update and manage class registers.
- Book and manage ad hoc attendances, including invoicing.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work unsupervised at times with common sense
- Good communication skills, including good letter writing skills and telephone manner
- Ability and willingness to carry out instructions from others
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Friendly and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to keep all knowledge gained as part of the job confidential.
- To respect and impart our Reform Jewish ethos.
- Calm, patient approach when dealing with challenging situations.
Excellent computer skills including intermediate level of Word, Publisher and Excel
Basic database skills
Commitment to safeguarding and welfare of young children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Ace (1974). Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required.
References will be required.
Documentary evidence indicating your right to work in the UK