Date(s) - 14/04/2016 - 18/04/2016
The world is changing and we need to adjust to a new reality – not just in the Jewish world but everywhere we look.
We are living in a time when building bridges has never been more important.
So do join us to explore how to build and develop those vital relationships to both strengthen our Progressive Jewish world and with the wider communities around us.
At the EUPJ Conference you will have the opportunity to meet fellow Progressive Jews from Europe and around the world and find out more about their Jewish world and the challenges they face. By building those bridges, you will have that chance to recharge your Jewish batteries and return to your own community refreshed and energised.
Building bridges in our own communities, with other faiths and the wider community, is the backdrop against which we are building the exciting 2016 EUPJ LONDON BIENNIAL CONFERENCE programme.
We will look at inter and intra faith issues, the challenges facing our relationship with Israel, community building and leadership development. We will have the opportunity to meet the heads of our rabbinic seminaries across the world and so much more. Highlights include:
- The opening ceremony which will be held at the Guildhall, one of London’s oldest and most beautiful buildings in the heart of the City of London
- Experiencing the joy of being one connected community as we enjoy Kabbalat Shabbat in the magnificent sanctuary of West London Synagogue, and on Shabbat morning we will join together for the service and a lunch and learn at the impressive Liberal Jewish Synagogue.
- The conference will include celebrating 60 years of the Leo Baeck College and 90 years of the World Union for Progressive Judaism. We would love you to celebrate these special milestones with us.
- As well as opportunities to debate, learn and come together in song and prayer, there will be time to experience the wonderful sights and sounds of London and meeting its people.
- Join friends, colleagues and Jews from across the world to learn together, pray together and to be part of a truly inspiring four days in London.