On 8th January 2023, The Movement for Reform Judaism held the Education Revolution Conference.
The event was a roaring success with around 150 attendees from 20 of our communities across the UK both online and in person at Edgware and Hendon Reform Synagogue.
We had inspirational presenters joining us from the UK, USA and Israel looking at different approaches to Reform Jewish education that we could use in our communities in response to the changes of needs in our young people.
- Dr Lesley Litman, Director, Executive M.A. Program in Jewish Education, discussed how we link our families with our community education.
- Jeremy Leigh from Jewish Journeys and Robin Moss, CEO of Unitas are exploring how we can use ‘place’ to educate.
- Rabbi Stacy Rigler Executive Director of ARJE in USA is discussing why we are educating within our communities.
- Rhiannon Humphreys, shaliach tzibur, has delved into the themes of prayer and how we can engage our young people through prayer using a range creative methods.
- Robin Moss explored the ‘Future of Jewish Education’ report and focussing on how we use experiential education
- Dan Tatar from the i-Centre thinking about approaching Israel education
- Nachama Moskowitz from #OnwardHebrew USA teaching revolutionary ways to teach Hebrew
- Dr Ben Lewis showing our educators how to ‘turn learning into playing’.
- Sharon Daniels our head of safeguarding, running safeguarding training.
Feedback on the day was great and we look forward to the next one!
‘I really enjoyed and appreciated this conference. I learnt a great deal and came away inspired and encouraged and now knowing about some very valuable resources. We are therefore in a great position to implement so much of what your conference made available.’ Martin Dives, Chair, Makor Hayim
‘The Jewish Journeys session was truly inspiring, how to frame Jewish stories in the area around you and create Jewish experiences on the road in unexpected places. Jeremy even gave an example of education at Macdonalds!’ Rabbi Anna Woolfson