Ya’ad, meaning destination or goal, is our Jewish leadership programme for young adults (21-35) to give you empowering Jewish skills and inspiring experiences, and to support you in sharing them, growing vibrant, life-changing Judaism and community on the ground.
This pilot of Ya’ad will run from May 2016. It is comprised of:
- Core group experiences, with a focus on transferable, outstanding leadership skills.
- A significant subsidy for an outstanding leadership opportunity in the area of Torah, spirituality or social justice, such as Limmud, the HaMakom spirituality retreat, or Open Talmud Project.
- Mentorship and a micro-grant to organise a group that grows Reform Judaism on the ground, such as a learning group, a minyan, or a group that addresses justice.
If you want to fulfill your Jewish goals and help others to…
If you can grow vibrant egalitarian Judaism on the ground…
Then please apply, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Name, email, contact phone number, occupation (if relevant), community (if relevant)
- What are you hoping to gain from the Ya’ad course? (max 250 words)
- What project are you interested in delivering? What networks(s) of people would you reach out to, or how you would find such networks? (max 350 words)
- One time you have initiated and/ or contributed to a project that you are proud of? (max 300 words)
Registration closes on 20 May.
For any further information contact email@example.com.
It is an important principle of the programme that costs should never be a barrier to participation.
The programme is heavily subsidised by Reform Judaism. Participants will be asked to pay £200 on acceptance, with £100 being returned on completion of the course and your Ya’ad project.
Please note that subsidies and bursaries may be applied for and all applications will be considered fairly.
If you require a bursary, or staggered payments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be treated in confidence.