Prayer for the State of Israel from Seder Ha-T’fillot, our prayer book.
“Our God and God of the generations, we ask Your blessing upon the State of Israel and all who dwell in it. Send Your light and Your truth to the leaders of the people, and guide them with wisdom and understanding, so that peace and tranquillity may reign on its borders and in its homes. May the spirit of friendship and understanding remove all fears and heal all wounds. There, may mercy and truth come together for the good of all, so that Your promise is fulfilled: ‘for Torah shall come out of Zion and the word of God from Jerusalem.’ Amen” .
- We are unequivocally Zionist. We have a non-negotiable commitment to the State of Israel and its security. We believe that the pursuit of peace is the highest ideal and priority. We are deeply committed to democracy; human rights and social justice; and religious pluralism.
- We are committed to two viable states as the only just and realistic solution to the present situation.
- We believe that Israel should be a Jewish state and a state for all its citizens.
- We believe that exponents of moderate, liberal Judaism should ally with moderate, liberal secularists and work together to combat both religious and secular extremism.
Support & Engagement
The Movement supports organisations dedicated to building bridges – both between Israeli Jews and Israeli Arabs and between Israeli Jews and Palestinians on the West Bank and in Gaza.
All we can do is to support the people of goodwill, those dedicated to relief of suffering and those dedicated to building relationships of trust across the divide. Whilst much is outside our hands, small gestures of caring and support are always possible.
Please follow up on the work of the organisations listed in this section in the way that most resonates with you. And if there is no organisation here that does the trick for you, contact us and we will try to find an organisation that meets your needs and expresses your ideals.
Organisations whose work we support
- Abraham Fund Initiatives
- British Friends of Merchavim
- Center for Jewish-Arab Economic Development
- Israel-Palestine Center for Research and Information
- The Leo Baeck Education Center
- New Israel Fund
- Parents Circle – Families Forum
- Rabbis for Human Rights
- The UK Task Force on Issues Facing Arab citizens of Israel
- Women of the Wall
- The Israel Movement for Reform & Progressive Judaism (IMPJ)