North West Surrey Synagogue, a member of the Movement for Reform Judaism, is looking for a new Head Teacher to start in around the 1st quarter 2018.
What we will offer you:
• A thriving, involved and welcoming community
• An expanding cheder of 40 students aged up to 15
• Enthusiastic teachers with at least one assistant in every class
• A supportive Rabbi, planning team and Council
• A curriculum that builds on the strengths of the teachers and the interests of the children
• A floor of our building dedicated to classrooms and resources
• Continuing professional development
The person we are looking for will:
• Be a qualified teacher, ideally having worked in a senior capacity
• Be excited by the possibilities offered by Jewish education within our community
• Be knowledgeable about Judaism and Hebrew
• Be committed to progressive Judaism
• Be able to generate enthusiasm and excitement across the age group
• Be committed to building links between cheder and the Community
• Be flexible, well organized, friendly and a team player
• Be, at least, a deputy designated safeguarding lead (DDSL), or be willing to be trained to this level during the probationary period.
• Part time (average of 2 days per week, some of which may be worked from home and which will vary during the year) and subject to a probationary period of 6 months. There is scope for the right candidate to work fewer hours for a proportionately reduced salary.
• There is an option for this post to be a job share.
• A salary of £14,000 per annum is offered, plus appropriate expenses.
Informal enquiries about this post may be made to the NWSS chairman, Ian Lancaster, chair@NWSS.org.uk. Application forms and information packs are available on request from Becky Cantor, cheder@NWSS.org.uk.
Completed applications should be marked “Confidential” and received by Ian Lancaster no later than 31 January 2018.